Monday, July 3

Let's Get A Few Things Straight GIRL.

I use to know what it felt like to...

have a broken spirit.
to want, need, crave and thirst for the attention of others. because I too was,
low
felt abandoned
and I thought,
for some magical reason

that people
in a weird sense would feel my void of
inadequacy
complacency
hatred of self.

I acted out, out of
ignorance
and that desire to stand out
in the wrong kind of way.

TODAY.
I'm able to blend in...but yet standout.
I took a tip on how to
Use that spark of
ingenuity that attracts the ring people.
that mellow swagger that makes Tarrance who he is...
not the TRENT that you think you know.

I've gotten over that need to be...
something that I am not,
accepted
validated
by others.

That means nothing if you hate yourself.

I've learned, with time.
Experience
and the right people...
that it was okay for me to be me.

For my life is bigger than me.
writing
my career.
TRENT JACKSON...
is bigger than me.
It's not about me.

And once I learned that it wasn't about me
the better I became.

So what you're "lavishly" decorated on the outside.
So what you've done this, you've done that,
you've taken his dick or that one.

What does all of that mean,
when you'll do anything for attention.
when you crave to be noticed,
validated
and you'll sale your soul like a crackhead feining for rock.
You didn't arrive bitch, you're actually late. On time is late, if you didn't know.

I'm at peace.
I'm at peace with my weight
I'm at peace with just "blending in"
I'm at peace with my piece,
You should be at peace with knowing I don't want or need your piece...
I'm okay when people recognize me,
I'm okay when they don't. So what.

At the end of the day as long as I accept me and validate my life
and understand that YAWEH has placed me in this position for a reason and it ain't about me...

I'm fine.
I don't need no one to tell me that I'm...
I know that I exemplify humility and I don't need to say it anymore...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trent, while I don't know you, I feel you bro! But a humble pilgrim on the path.... you might want to check out http://lightworkers.org and http://home.earthlink.net/~pleiadesx/starquiz.htm

Peace and Abundance to you!
Namaste,
J

http://myspace.com/chriscrossdallas

p.s. thank you for posting your words, very powerful...and I am sure theraputic for you.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home