Monday, January 23

Is It Now?

I remember it like yesterday, you stopped.
You stopped calling me, you ran free like the wind.

It wasn't me.
It wasn't you.
It was us.

The situation that turned wrong.
The ideas that pushed you away.

You were scared. I knew it.

I know your story...It's like so many of the other ones I've heard B4.
It's almost like mine...but I dared myself to change. I dared myself to be.
I didn't let them tell me what I should have been, I was, I am, what I wanted to be.

I wasn't afraid to tell you I loved you.
I wasn't afraid to kiss you.
I wasn't afraid to tell you how much you meant to me.
How you made me feel.
How you accepted me.
How my size didn't matter.
That you didn't care that I sold 10,000 books.
You didn't want my money.
You didn't care about the Rover.
It was about me...
I wasn't afraid that you were a man...how it looked if we walked too close down the street.
If we stared into each others eyes too long.
That we grinned at each other at the oddest times.
Our body language was stronger than our cologne.
I didn't care, but you did.

I understand.
It was all new to you.
You acted on your thoughts, your impulse.
It's who you are.
It was who you were.

You weren't ready...you ran.
I stopped. I looked. I learned.

You came back...
Like I knew you would.

We talked.
We touched.
You explained.
It all made sense.

In that glipse of a memory we weren't meant to be.
I, we, you, us. Applied too much pressure to the point that was already there.
BOOM...
...ERANG.

What goes around comes around.
That moment that we had before...
Is it now?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow
that
was
beautiful

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home